Great and easy breakfast idea if you want something to make ahead, and even in bulk, that can start your morning off right. These egg “muffins” are basically just mini frittatas that contain a whole host of healthy ingredients. All you need is a muffin pan, the groceries listed below and about an hour.
The Grocery List:
- 6 whole eggs
- 16 ounces of liquid egg whites
- 2 cups of chopped vegetables (Here you can go as crazy as you want, I found a contained or pre-chopped peppers and onions and added some chopped, fresh mushrooms as well.
- For you carnivores, you can add chopped bacon or breakfast sausage.
- If you want to add some shredded cheese, feel free, I went cheese free to make this more Paleo-compliant.
- Seasoning for added taste (garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt).
- In a large bowl, whisk the whole eggs and egg whites together completely.
- In another bowl, add the chopped veggies, and/or meat, and seasonings.
- Spray your muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray or similar product of your choice.
- Divide the veggie/meat mixture equally into the muffin tins. Don’t fill the tins completely, so there is enough room to add the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture into the tins to almost full, leaving a little space for the eggs to expand with cooking. Give each “muffin” a stir to mix the eggs and veggies/meat.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are cooked
- Let the tins cool on your stove top
- Plate and enjoy with some fresh salsa, avocado or whatever floats your boat.
The nice thing about this recipe is by cooking a bulk amount you can ration them out for the week and just warm them up to enjoy, so breakfast is taken care of and no need to even think about hitting the drive-thru on your way to work.